Quinoa and Kale Minestrone with Beans
Ingredients:250gr (8ounces) of quinoa
1 cup of kale (or any other cabbage)
250gr of cooked mixed beans
2 peeled ripe tomatoes
2 celery sticks
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1tsp black pepper
1tsp powder turmeric
Instruction:1. Wash and drain the quinoa, and wash well the vegetables.
2. Chop the onion and garlic, finely slice the tomatoes and celery, dice the courgette and the red bell pepper, and prepare the kale.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a regular pan and sautee the onion, garlic, carrots, tomatoes and celery for 5 minutes.
4. Add the courgette, the red bell pepper, a pinch of salt, black pepper and turmeric
5. Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the desired amount of water and bring it to a boil.
7. Simmer for about 10 minutes and add the quinoa.
8. Cook for 5 more minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
8. At last, add the kale and a little later the cooked beans, and let it cook gently until the kale is tender.
9. Check the seasonings and serve warm.